Jamie is a skilled and experienced podcast producer and host.
Jamie has entirely produced over 250 podcast episodes over the past five years. His 20+ years experience as an audio engineer/producer and 12 years as a voice actor mean that he is uniquely qualified to produce podcasts of the highest quality.
Jamie can do everything from conceptualization, planning, and structure to recording, hosting, editing, mixing, and mastering. He brings his years of experience in audio and voice/spoken word production to every project.
Well Structured and Entertaining Podcasts Cut Through the Noise
A great podcast starts with a great idea, but that is just the starting point. From initial idea through to listener download, there are a sequence of steps that will ultimately determine the success of a podcast.
Answering the following questions will help to plan and execute a successful podcast.
- What is it that is unique and interesting about this podcast?
- How do you present that in an easily digestible and entertaining way?
- How do you make it sound excellent everywhere that it will be played (car, earbuds/AirPods, Bluetooth speaker etc…)?
- Who is your audience and how do you reach them?
- Does your podcast have a unique sonic identity?
It is imperative to comprehensively answer all of these questions in order to produce a podcast that reaches its target market.
Jamie’s Podcast Production Experience is Vast
Having produced over 250 podcast episodes, Jamie has developed a comprehensive understanding of this growing and exciting industry. An avid podcast listener for over 13 years, Jamie has recorded and produced podcasts in a variety of locations and scenarios, such as:
- Pro studios in New York City or LA
- On-location at press junkets
- In Seth Myers writers room in 30 Rock
- On the Warner Brothers lot in LA
- Christie’s NYC auction house
- Remote recording with interviewees and hosts around the world
Jamie brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to every podcast episode.
Backstage’s - In The Envelope Podcast
Jamie is co-originator and producer of Backstage’s flagship podcast – In The Envelope. This interview style podcast has hosted hundreds of film, TV and theater actors, producers, writers and casting directors. From household names to behind-the-scenes legends, In The Envelope is well established as ‘the actors podcast’.
Guests include: Bryan Cranston, Regina King, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Sir Patrick Stewart, Gary Oldman, Natalie Portman, Cynthia Erivo, Hugh Grant, Ethan Hawke, Richard E Grant… amongst many others.
VO School Podcast
Jamie is the producer and host of the VO School Podcast, one of the most listened to and popular podcasts focused on the voiceover industry.
Each episode of this educational podcast is devoted to a different aspect of the VO industry, and features interviews with voice talent, agents, casting directors, producers, thought leaders, studio owners, and business experts.
A podcast producer is a trusted partner, advisor, and technician.
Jamie offers a boutique podcast production service. Limited to a certain number of podcasts/episodes per week. This ensures the highest quality and most individualized service.
Production responsibilities include:
- Structure planning
- Marketing/promotion strategy
- Editorial input
- Recording supervision/technical support
- Home recording advice/support
- Studio booking/scheduling (including negotiated studio discounts)
- Podcast host preparation/support/training
- Remote recording support (paid remote connection services included)
- Compilation, editing, tidying, denoising, sweetening of audio
- Music licensing (all music licensed and included in cost)
- Ad creation
- File upload
- Distribution support
- General troubleshooting
- Social media strategy
- Audience growth, maintenance, interaction support
If you have a passion for podcasting, you have a great podcast concept but don’t know how to move forward, or you’d like to take your podcast to the next level, reach out to Jamie.